What am I Fighting?

Through my Manifesto there seems to be an emerging theme of resistance. In order to pave a clear path forward from this and in order to ensure that I don't fall back into the traps of that which I am resisting I find that it is essential for me to be clear about what it is I am resisting. 



While one can look at each of these as deeper psychological issues, they are also manifest in the systems and relationships that we see around us. Manifest in the capitalistic paradigm of the world are ideas such as greed and heirarchy which firmly root themselves in the human consciousness. Each of us knowingly and unknowingly participates in these systems and develops it. Yet It is not always apparent to us the ways in which we are perpetuating it. 

The Macaulayan education that we commonly see in India is one such systemic way of perpetuating the values and ideas that produce dull insensitive human beings. Firstly, acknowledging this chaos and then secondly, developing a firm resistance to it might allow us to stumble upon actions that allow for the emergence of a different way of being. 

Comments

Popular Posts